The accompanying video is intended to assist administrators in this process.
Like our NEW Professional Learning Facebook page to stay up-to-date and learn about new courses that might be added!
Professional Learning Calendar
PL / STAFF / BOARD
- 9Building Early Literacy Leaders 2023-24 – November4:00 pm - 5:00 pmBuilding Early Literacy Leaders 2023-24 REGISTER HERE Are you looking to continue building your knowledge around best practices in literacy and become a literacy leader in your building? Join other like-minded thinkers as we collaborate in this literacy leadership network to increase our capacity to improve students’ l , ...
- 10CPI – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training: Trauma 2023-24 – November8:30 am - 3:30 pmCPI – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training: Trauma 2023-24 REGISTER HERE This training is for participants who have not taken Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (NVCI) within the last two years. Trauma considerations will be highlighted throughout the training. This training meets a portion of the require , ...
- 13Number Talks9:00 am - 2:00 pmNumber Talks REGISTER HERE The importance of engaging students in meaningful mathematical discussion has long been identified as an essential component of students’ mathematics learning. This workshop will explore Number Talks and other strategies to encourage discourse in the classroom. Learner Outcomes Dig in , ...
- 14PBIS+ Coaches’ Network – November8:30 am - 11:30 amPBIS+ Coaches’ Network REGISTER HERE These sessions begin with a Coaches’ Kick Off for ISD and SLT coaches and ISD Facilitators (trainers) to get their PBIS+ year started successfully. Participants will review the PBIS+ Coaches’ Checklist and establish a plan for effective and efficient implementation. Sessions throug , ...
- 15Learning Round: East Jordan Elementary School STEM Program9:00 am - 11:00 amLearning Round: East Jordan Elementary School STEM Program REGISTER HERE Designed for principals and other administrators, this learning round will be an opportunity to learn about the STEM program at East Jordan Elementary School. Learner Outcomes Increased awareness of STEM. Understanding how STEM can be appli , ...
- 17LLN Updates Question & Answer Series8:45 am - 9:15 amLLN Updates Question & Answer Series REGISTER HERE This series will provide district and building leaders with monthly opportunities to pose questions and explore answers related to essential updates provided by the ISD via email the week prior to these online sessions. Updates will include key legislative, data a , ...Counselor – November9:00 am - 2:00 pmK-12 School Counselor Meetings REGISTER HERE These sessions will provide K-12 School Counselors an opportunity to learn and grow in their role. The K-12 School Counselor Committee is designed to support continued growth of counselors by providing relevant professional learning, opportunities to collaborate around probl , ...One Stop Data Shop: Introduction to the Data Dashboard in Illuminate9:30 am - 10:30 amOne Stop Data Shop: Introduction to the Data Dashboard in Illuminate REGISTER HERE This workshop has been designed for district, building, and ISD administrators and/or supervisors and ISD coaches to learn about the new data dashboard created in Illuminate. The dashboard houses student demographic, 31a At-Risk, State , ...
- 28Overview of the Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy: Grades K-38:30 am - 3:30 pmOverview of the Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy: Grades K-3 REGISTER HERE Are you new to teaching or just want a refresher on best practices in literacy instruction? Join us for a day of learning around the Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy: Grades K-3. This session is specifically , ...
PL / STAFF / BOARD
MyPD – MI Virtual
Educators today are agents of their own learning, engaging in informal networks and independent pursuits for personal growth and development. Michigan Virtual’s MyPD is a vehicle to formally honor educators’ informal learning efforts. Through this SCECH-bearing experience, educators will engage in a process to tell the story of their independent learning journey, tying a specific learning objective to evidence of informal learning pursuits, reflecting on learning from those pursuits, and developing an action plan based on the professional implications that have emerged. A true model of adult learning theory, this learning experience offers maximum autonomy with supportive guidance, seeks to validate the experience of today’s educators, and creates a holding space for educators to focus on a problem relevant to their own context.
About Char-Em Professional Learning
Char-Em ISD believes that professional learning should be based on research and result in a permanent change of knowledge or behavior of the participants and their professional practice. A variety of learning opportunities are made available that support school improvement goals, educational initiatives, and personnel development that are aligned with the Michigan School Improvement Framework.
All school personnel within the Char-Em ISD service area have the opportunity to participate throughout the school year, as well as during the Area Wide Professional Learning Day traditionally held on or near Nov. 1.