These sessions cover relevant special education topics related to transition including B-13 compliance, transition curriculum and assessment, course of study planning, Discovery & Customized Employment, agency support and collaboration, and Seamless Transition planning. Participants have opportunities to learn new content, explore available resources and tools, as well connect with other special education transition staff in our region to network and plan.
The September session is an online offering. Log-in information will be provided in the email registration confirmation. Participants are asked to register separately for each session they choose to attend.
- Identify compliance components of B-13.
- Outline steps for determining a student's course of study.
- Identify three available transition assessments and when to use each.
- Navigate available transition curricula and identify ways to best utilize each.
- List available agencies and identify the support each provides.
Session 1 - Sept. 29 (online)
Session 2 - Jan. 26, 2022
Session 3 - May 25
Start/End times: Session 1 is 3:30-4:30 p.m. (online); Sessions 2 and 3 are 12:30- 3:30 p.m.
Audience: ISD staff, special education teachers
Location: Session 1 (online); Sessions 2 and 3 - Char-Em ISD, Charlevoix
Online link: For Sept. 29: https://charemisd.zoom.us/j/2315470821
Presenters: Kelly Rogers, Special Education Coordinator