School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
08568 Mercer Blvd.
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Contact: Julie Hersha
Phone: (231) 547-9947
This cohort will focus on deepening school leadership team knowledge of the components of School-Wide PBIS. Participants will be engaged in learning about developing their "compelling why" for PBIS, school-wide expectations, and acknowledgment system. School leadership team members will also learn about how to apply appropriate consequences to the PBIS system and how to look at data to determine actions that need to be taken. They will also learn how to implement classroom systems for PBIS. Participants will also be given time to develop their implementation plans during training sessions.
- Develop "compelling why" for PBIS.
- Understand behavioral expectations and how to teach them.
- Understand data sources for SW-PBIS.
- Learn how to acknowledge behavior through a SW-PBIS acknowledgement system.
- Learn the foundations of implementing Class-Wide PBIS.