PBIS Tier 3 Systems and Strategies
These sessions cover the critical features for readiness to install, implement, and coordinate an efficient, effective, equitable, and sustainable Tier 3 behavior system in order to improve outcomes for students needing intensive behavioral support. Included in these trainings is the process for determining the need for Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and the critical elements of quality Behavior Intervention Plans. Additionally, these sessions include a review of comprehensive Tier 3 strategies and interventions, specific resources for the prevent, teach and respond structure, and effective de-escalation strategies across the cycle of behavioral escalation.
The November session is an online offering. Log-in information will be provided in the email registration confirmation.
- Define and assess a school's readiness for Tier 3 systems, and identify misrules.
- Understand roles and functions of the Tier 3 Systems Team and Student Support Teams, and begin to make installation decisions for a Tier 3 System.
- Practice a Prevent, Teach, Respond (PTR) structure for planning interventions.
- Understand the cycle of behavioral escalation and appropriate adult responses.
- Identify conditions and FBA & BIPs in relation to PTR.
Dates: Sept. 29, Nov. 11 (online); and Feb. 1, 2022
Start/End times: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Audience: PBIS School Leadership Teams Cohorts 1 & 2
Location: Sept. 29 – Char-Em ISD, Charlevoix; Nov. 11 (online); Feb. 1 – Char-Em ISD, Charlevoix
Online link: https://charemisd.zoom.us/j/2315470821
Presenters: Jill Warner, Char-Em ISD Teacher Consultant, and Laura Parker, Char-Em ISD School Social Worker and Behavior Consultant