Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certification Training 2019-20
This training meets the State Board of Education policy on the use of seclusion and restraint, and the requirements to have staff appropriately trained in techniques when physical intervention is required. The policy requires schools to have behavioral support systems, awareness training for all instructional staff, and comprehensive training for key identified staff. Successful participants will be certified through The Crisis Prevention Institute.
Key concepts this workshop will provide:
- proactive practices and strategies that ensure the dignity of students
- recognition of events and environmental factors that may trigger crisis situations
- de-escalation techniques
- positive behavior support strategies
- instruction in the use of seclusion and restraint
- instruction on the State Board of Education policy, "Support Student Behavior: The Emergency Use of Seclusion and Restraint"
- types of seclusion and restraint
- how to document and report incidents of seclusion and restraint