Incorporating Mindfulness Into Your Classroom
Have you developed a personal mindfulness practice and/or attended a workshop on building a personal practice? If so, you may be ready to begin exploring mindfulness with your students. This interactive workshop offers an opportunity to deepen your own practice and to explore ways of bringing mindfulness into your classroom. We will begin our day by grounding ourselves in our own personal practice and together develop mindful strategies and practices to share with youth. Be ready for a day of playful curiosity and exploration as well as peer support and feedback.
Participants will gain:
- a deepening of your own personal mindfulness practice
- greater understanding of strategies to calm your own nervous system
- mindful strategies that can be easily adapted and shared with youth
- increased confidence in bringing mindfulness into your classroom
- resources to support mindfulness in your classroom