Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar 2019-20 (4 days)
08568 Mercer Blvd.
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Contact: Julie Hersha
Phone: (231) 547-9947
The Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar presents a productive, practical set of ideas and tools to develop collaborative groups, allowing them to become effective and better equipped to resolve complex student learning issues. The work of the Adaptive Schools Seminar is to develop the resources and capacities of the organization and of individuals to cohesively respond to the changing needs of students and society.
Participants will develop:
- An increased capacity to initiate, develop, and sustain high-functioning groups.
- New lenses for diagnosing the stages and phases of group development.
- An expanded repertoire of practical facilitation tools.
- An understanding of when and how to engage groups in dialogue and discussion, and the limitations, forms, and values of each.
- Skills to move groups beyond consensus to common focus.
- Ways to value and use dissension, argument, and conflict.
- Strategies for keeping group members/students on track, on topic, energized, and resourceful.