Communication Services and Media Relations
communication services support
The Communication Services department provides leadership for creating, executing, and supporting strategic and multi-faceted communication efforts between Char-Em ISD, its local districts, and its many constituencies. Communication Services staff also work to advance the ISD's role and reputation as an authoritative voice in the educational arena.
Communication Services serves internal and external constituents at no cost by:
- providing professional communication, public relations and marketing expertise to ISD and local district staff
- establishing and maintaining quality control content and visual standards for the ISD in both the electronic and print media
- building and fostering collaborative relationship with all ISD departments, constituents and stakeholders to further pre-K-12 education in the region
- serving as district liaison with the news media and formulating strategies to work proactively with the media
- developing and implementing student outreach efforts to raise awareness of educational choices offered through the ISD
- identifying opportunities to support organizational and local district initiatives and develop appropriate programs of action to advance these efforts.
Communication Services also offers writing, editing, and design support for local district newsletters, fliers, brochures, posters, logos, presentation materials and event planning.
Char-Em ISD welcomes news inquiries about the ISD and our local districts and serves as a media contact and/or liaison assistance to local districts.
The media is urged to contact Communication Services Director Dianne Litzenburger at 231.547.9947 p, 231.330.2444 c.
View recent press releases.
Crisis communication services are provided to local districts on an immediate basis to assist with letters home to parents/students, internal and external communications, interfacing with law enforcement/medial/health department officials, and to assist in dealing with the media.
Contact Communication Services Director Dianne Litzenburger at 231.547.9947 p, 231.330.2444 c.
Char-Em ISD Videos
Visit Char-Em ISD's YouTube Channel to view a variety of videos featuring Char-Em ISD staff, students, and programs.